Last summer I was chosen for a two week placement working with the BBC Watchdog team which was amazing.
Over the course of the placement, I completed all mandatory BBC training, along with carrying out many research tasks, auditing and much more while working with the team.
As a researcher I assisted with a great many projects, finding statistics, case studies and building up cases to justify their story choices for the Watchdog Live series.
I was working on Series 40 of the programme, providing assistance on major stories during a variety of their episodes, including:
- Watchdog investigation into faecal bacteria found in multiple pubs across the UK.
- The potential risk of cheaper high-street chargers to mobile phones.
- The risk Fortnite has when children are left unsupervised.
BBC Work Training:
- Anti-Bribery International,
- Anti-Bribery UK,
- Data Protection and Cyber Security,
- Safety at Work,
- Working with Children